Action Group: Saving Democracy / Voting Rights Action Group focuses on protecting everyone’s right to vote and the integrity of voting systems, nationally but also especially in NJ and PA, and fighting all forms of voter suppression. We’ll stay informed and take action as needed regarding systemic governmental integrity issues including redistricting and gerrymandering, dark money in politics, the Electoral College, and Electoral Count Act reform Stay tuned for a Zoom meeting soon after the February 27 Community Gathering to brainstorm priorities and strategies for taking action.
- Reading/Podcast: Dred Scott 2.0 Robert Hubbell talks about the ramifications of the Supreme Court in staying a decision of a lower court to invalidate a redistricting map clearly drawn to marginalize the impact of Black voters.
- Learn more about the work of “Updating the Electoral Count Act., which governs how electoral votes are counted. Hosted by Represent.Us New Jersey ” Feb 19, at 11 am via Zoom. Register here
- The Brennan Center for Justice strives to uphold the values of democracy. We stand for equal justice and the rule of law. We work to craft and advance reforms that will make American democracy work, for all.
- Democracy Docket is dedicated to voting rights, elections and democracy. Also follow Marc Elias on Twitter.
- Matthew Dowd, MSNBC analyst and reporter on Saving Democracy, also on Twitter
- Open Secrets tracks money in politics – who’s paying whom?
- American Promise addresses money in politics and advocating for the 28th Amendment
- Protect Democracy
- Bucks Voices informs, engages and mobilizes the Bucks County voter community to realize the ideals of democracy: a government that represents all of us and creates a progressive and just society where everyone can realize their full potential.
Action Group: GOTV works to increase registered voters, voter awareness and participation. Working on the local level in Bucks and Hunterdon Counties, the GOTV group will provide training for canvassing, phone and text banking, and ‘feet on the street’ opportunities to work with campaigns across our states.
- Saturday, February 19, 1 – 3pm – Petition Canvass in Lambertville to get Tom Malinowski on the ballot Knock doors in Lambertville to talk to your neighbors about the importance of voting in this year’s election. We’ll collect signatures to get Tom back on the ballot for his re-election in New Jersey’s 7th Congressional District. The canvass launch will begin with training, and if you’re new to canvassing, we will pair you with a buddy. Masking and vaccination is required. Join us and bring a friend! Questions? Contact the campaign at email@example.com.
Action Group: Good Information/Fighting Disinformation shines a light on the use of disinformation and offers strategies for mitigating and neutralizing the harmful effects.
Activate! Join the Indivisible Truth Brigade to actively combat disinformation. You’ll be invited to the Slack channel, where there are regular updates and actions to orient towards truth when lies and falsehoods arise.
Action Group: Building Community is about bringing our ILNH constituents together as a functional, motivated and grassroots organization that is effective, collaborative and fun. This is the organizing arm of the organization, planning and executing events and outreach and all the nitty gritty tasks to make it happen. Building community is also working with our alliances to exponentially grow impact and awareness.
- Learn more at the February 27 Zoom Gathering about how you can help ILNH Build Community.