Contributed by Olga Vannucci.
- The federal budget deficit hit $779 billion in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2018, because tax revenues are not keeping pace with government spending. That’s a 17% increase over the previous year. It’s projected to approach $1 trillion in 2019. (The budget deficit represents how much the federal government spends annually in excess of how much it takes in.)
- The national debt is currently nearly $22 trillion, and it is expected to increase by over $1 trillion annually. (The national debt represents the total amount that the federal government owes. Each annual deficit adds to the debt.) In addition, federal agencies have debt of another $9 trillion.
- The Trump administration‘s proposed changes to environmental policies would lead to an extra 80,000 deaths per decade and respiratory problems for more than a million people, many of them children.
- President Trump has made over 7,600 false or misleading claims in 700+ days.
- There are over 1,530 reports of corruption by Trump, his family and his administration.
- How often do our members of Congress vote with Trump?
Senator Toomey 89% of the time
Rep. Lance 87%
Rep. Fitzpatrick 84%
Senator Casey 32%
Senator Menendez 26%
Senator Booker 16%
https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/ https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/14/17463430/trump-environment-policies-public-health-epa https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.26f31591f03b