Commit to doing at least one or more actions each week between now and November 3. Here are a few options you can do at home, with friends over coffee or wine, or out in the street loud and proud. Have more ideas? Let us know and we’ll add them to the list. We’re working on a way for you to record your time or number of items (postcards/texts) and turn them into a collective graphic to demonstrate the awesome power of ILNH activists, so keep track and we’ll let you know when that’s ready. (PS – we’d welcome any among you of the technologically inclined that have a great idea how we can do this efficiently).
As the shoe guys said, JUST DO IT!
- Payback project: Indivisible.org – focuses on nine vulnerable Senate Republicans up for re-election. If you’re not in one of the nine Senators’ states, you can sign up through the project to text voters for GOTV, donate to the ad campaigns that will run in those states
- Resistbot: Text “Resist” to 50409 and Resistbot finds out who represents you in Congress or your state legislature, turns your text into an email, fax, or postal letter, and delivers it to your representatives.
- MoveOn Texting – Be social and/or independent; ILNH is organizing we-text Wednesdays – a weekly MoveOn Texting social opportunity. We’re still working on the location, and if you’d like to host one, contact Kati Kertez. But don’t wait, you can easily knock off hundreds of texts in as little as 15 minutes anywhere you have an Internet connection (I used to do mine while on conference calls).
- Vote Forward: Letters to Voters – Vote Forward is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to empower grassroots volunteers to help register voters from under-represented demographics and encourage them to vote. We build tools to enable Americans, wherever you live, to get unlikely-to-vote fellow citizens to the polls.
- Postcards to Voters: Send friendly, handwritten reminders to targeted voters giving Democrats a winning edge in close, key races coast to coast.
- Change the Conversation Together: Deep canvassing focused in Bucks County to flip the district, but these skills are important for anyone who’s serious about getting Democrats elected. Share values instead of talking points to find common ground. Contact Susan Shapiro or check the Change the Conversation Bucks Facebook page for upcoming workshops and trainings.