Contributed by Deb Kline.
ILNH launched its GOTV Toolkit with a tour of the kit at the June Community Gathering. If you didn’t make the meeting or even if you did and need to review for more inspiration, check out all the ways to get involved in the toolkit. Updates to the kit are ongoing, so come back often.
Postcard Parties are going like gangbusters with weekly opportunities to set aside an hour to an hour and a half, connect with other Indivizzies and write out your postcards. The Zoom link ( https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82261540687 ) stays the same from week to week, so drop in when you can.
ILNH has two active campaigns where you can pick up the postcards and stamps (if you need stamps) in Lambertville. Please note that ILNH gleefully accepts donations of $ or stamps for these campaigns – A donation jar will be available at the pickup site, or you can donate to ILNH via the website
- Reclaim Our Vote – Targets marginalized voters in red or swing states who may have been unknowingly dropped from voter rolls – Ask Olga Vannucci for postcards
- Hunterdon County Dems GOTV – Outreach to those voters who missed both the 2016 and 2018 elections to encourage them to cast a ballot in 2020 – Ask Sharon Hallanan for postcards
You can also get postcards in support of Ann Marie Mitchell’s run for the PA State House of Representatives district 178 to represent New Hope and Solebury, Northampton, Upper Makefield and Wrightstown Townships. Ask Olga for cards, you supply the stamps, pickup will also be in Lambertville.
You can also bring any postcards from any campaign. Contact the organization directly to support those on this list:
- Action Together NJ postcard campaign to re-elect Tom Malinowski
- Turn PA Blue vote by mail campaign – for $8 they send you 50 postcards, pre-addressed, you buy stamps (postcards available again)
- GOTV Postcards to Swing States (including PA) – Cards are free, you pay postage – Note that minimum order is 200 – We may go big on this one, stay tuned …….
- Postcards to Voters – Ongoing campaigns across the country. Free addresses, you buy postcards and stamps
- VoteFwd – print out letters to voters, you pay for stamps, mail in October
Check out this ILNH-designed postcard that targets Hunterdon County Democrat voters who didn’t vote in significant previous elections.
Making Your Personal GOTV Video – The ILNH YouTube channel has six personal GOTV videos already: two are in ASL, one from a kayak, and three others that tell a personal story about what motivates the speaker to vote. The first training session was lots of fun and revealing, and more will be scheduled. Share your story, motivate others! Contact email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the upcoming training session.
GOAL!!! We set a goal of 2500 hours of GOTV effort by our Indivizzies and to date we’re at nearly 179 hours – with just over 100 days until the Nov. 3 election. Don’t forget to log your time so we can bring each other over the finish line, or better yet, exceed our expectations and reach even higher!