Contributed by Olga Vanucci.
- The U.S. is down 8.2 million jobs from the pre-pandemic employment level.
- The American Jobs Plan is expected to create millions of jobs and in the process:
- Fix highways; rebuild bridges; and upgrade ports, airports, and transit centers. [construction jobs]
- Rebuild clean drinking water infrastructure, a renewed electric grid, and high-speed broadband to all Americans. [construction and technical jobs]
- Modernize homes, commercial buildings, schools, and federal buildings. [construction jobs]
- Create caregiving jobs and raise wages and benefits for essential home care workers. [home care jobs]
- Revitalize manufacturing, ensure products are made in America, and invest in innovation. [manufacturing and engineering jobs]
- Create good-paying union jobs and train Americans for jobs of the future.
- Alongside the American Jobs Plan is the Made in America Tax Plan to make sure corporations pay their fair share and encourage job creation at home. The Made in America Tax Plan would fully pay for the American Jobs Plan within 15 years, if passed alongside one another.
Sources: New York Times and American Jobs Plan | The White House (short version) and FACT SHEET: The American Jobs Plan | The White House (long version) and What’s in the $2 trillion jobs bill? Joe Biden’s American Jobs Act, explained. – Vox